Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Northern California Update

Hello. It's good to read your posts. I thought I'd try to give you an update of things that are happening here in our area of the country. The weather has been great the past week or so, in the low to mid 60s. The trees have been in bloom for the past couple of weeks, and I've tried to enjoy that as I walk to the train station and while I'm on bike rides.

I've been riding my bike about once per week outside, and a couple of times inside on my "trainer", which is a stand that my bike locks into so I can pedal it. Kind of like this:

I'm hoping to increase that a little, but being realistic, I'm not one of these people (and I know some) who are up for a 5:15 am ride for 2 hours almost everyday, or every other day.

So you are probably thinking - "Wow! Brad must be really slim with muscles popping out all over the place!" Well, you keep on thinking that. The time I spend sitting in front of a computer, working, and eating snacks, seems to outweigh any time exercising. But it has made a difference in the way I feel, and I think my energy level has increased, to at least 4% of the energy of two insanely energetic 8 year old boys I know. I think about half of that energy is released starting at about 7:45pm, right before bedtime.

We are looking forward to our visit to Indiana during the first week of April. Please have some nice weather ready for us when we arrive - we have gotten a bit spoiled here.

4 Comments:

At 5:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think mother nature is saving all the good weather for when you come... it's been rainy and cold lately!

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Brent Pugh said...

Bring some of your good weather with you PLEASE! We could use a nice Spring day out here!

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Brent Pugh said...

I know what you mean about the bedtime energy thing! So why is it that all the energy seems to come seeping out right before bedtime?? We're dealing with that from Sarah right now. Geoff is usually okay, but Sarah just gets silly and wants to goof around right at bedtime. Yikes! Maybe they do that so we'll enjoy the quiet even more after they're asleep...
Chelsey

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Bridget said...

I think it's great that you have started bike riding. I really would like to start riding my bike also after the baby is born, and also start jogging. I really want to get into shape. I have been walking everyday for 1/2 an hour. It has been helping with my blood sugar levels.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home