Sunday, October 08, 2006

We just got back from church. We had three baby blessings today. In one of the baby blessings, the grandfather was giving the child a name and said, "and the name we give this child is...(long dramatic pause)...is...." I thought that he had forgotten the name of the child, but then he said, "the name we give this child is Emma Lauren Kongaika (Hawaiian Family)." I didn't think anything of the name until after church when I was giving that same grandfather a temple recommend interview, he told me that his daughter had chosen a completely different name than the one he gave in the blessing. I have heard of stories where this happens, but I never thought I would witness someone changing the baby's name in the baby blessing.

Our family is doing well. We are staying busy with work, school, church, and kids. We are looking forward to some vacation time over the holidays. Our basement is coming along, we are ready for the drywall, but our bank account isn't. We will wait until we can afford to put it up rather than go into debt to do it. It will be nice to have the extra space. Next time someone comes to visit, they can sleep on carpet instead of concrete. :-)

Some interesting news about Salt Lake City...the Church is rebuilding a major part of the downtown area. They purchased the three city blocks to the south of Temple Square. This land currently has two struggling malls, some office buildings and parking structures. They are going to tear down most of the buildings and rebuild a new mall and some new office buildings and residential buildings. It looks nice. Here is a link if you are interested: http://downtownrising.com/city_creek/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home